Bedroom Inspiration – Grey and Turquoise

Grey and Turquoise Bedroom

(Source)

Even though we haven’t got the new house yet (or even had a moving in date!) I have already started (read ‘finished’) planning the interior decorating side of it…in my head at least. I know how I want each room to look, it will just be a matter of finding each of the pieces that are perfect for the look that I want, and I know that that will take some time, patients and saving on our behalf. The internet has played a huge role in my home designing ideas, as there is such a vast wealth of inspiration out there.

Luckily the entire house is painted white, with real oak floorings throughout, neither of which we are touching. I think simple white walls lend themselves well to bright and bold colours, as your soft furnishings and accessories aren’t competing with wall colours or patterns. Plus it means you can more easily change up a rooms style and colour scheme but just switching out the accessories rather than a full room overhaul!

I knew off the bat that I wanted a Grey and Turquoise bedroom. Our bedroom has a walk-in type wardrobe so I don’t need to worry too much about wardrobe/clothes storage, the only large piece I really need is a bed. I know I want a grey storage bed, and if possible one with a tufted wingback headboard – which is seeming a little more difficult to find!

Here are a few of the bedrooms I have found that are acting as inspiration for our future grey and turquoise bedroom.

Grey and Turquoise Bedroom

(Source 1, 2, 3, 4)

Textured Bedding

(Source 1 Unknown, 2) Although not grey and Turquoise, I really love the textured bedding in these 2 images. It is a definite on the list of ‘wants’.

chantele_sign

Share away

19 Comments

1. June 11, 2014 / 9:32 am

Love the chevron rug. Wilkinsons, Pounstretcher and and Matalan were the best places to pick up homeware bargains when I moved x

• Chantele
      June 11, 2014 / 11:30 am

Will have to take a peek at Matalan, we are always in the other 2 for some reason or other so know most their stuff, but haven’t been to a matalan for ages!

2. June 11, 2014 / 11:05 am

Hi, what a lovely blog you have here. I have started following you with Bloglovin. If you ever get chance to look at my blog I would be delighted, thanks!
    Camille xo.

cococami.blogspot.co.uk

• Chantele
      June 11, 2014 / 11:31 am

Thanks Coco, will try to swing by and take a look at yours this evening, thanks for the follow!

3. June 11, 2014 / 11:49 am

Love all of them! I’m really into light, soft colours at the moment. Peach, Mint, Light grey. I have always wanted my bedroom to be like a really plush hotel room where it’s all muffled and quiet. 🙂 Our bedroom is kind of both light and dark. We have white walls, a feature wall which is grass green and the wall with the brown leather bed. Furniture is all walnut and so is the flooring. It’s mega cosy but still clean and fresh 🙂
    Love your blog btw 🙂

• Chantele
      June 11, 2014 / 9:52 pm

Thanks Kat, your room sounds awesome! We are moving soon and the room is all white with Oak flooring, so I am after a grey bed, white furniture. have already got white bedding and grey under sheet, so looking for textured grey/turquoise pillows and turquoise lamps and frames I think!

4. June 11, 2014 / 11:51 am

This is exactly how I want to decorate our bedroom, but I just haven’t got round to it yet. I will though.

• Chantele
      June 11, 2014 / 9:50 pm

We are moving in a few weeks so will have a complete blank canvas to work with, and I can’t wait! Have already sorted all white and grey bedding and bought a teal’ish chest of drawers, just to work on the rest of the room now!

5. June 12, 2014 / 2:53 am

Grey-Turquoise is such a great combination! We can relate as we are also going through renovations right now!

Following you on Bloglovin, twitter and facebook would love if you would follow back 🙂

• Chantele
      June 12, 2014 / 10:19 pm

Thank you! Will check you out, and glad you like the inspiration!

• Chantele
      June 12, 2014 / 10:19 pm

It is very fresh and chic!

6. June 12, 2014 / 6:04 pm

Wow those are really beautiful, I also plan on use those colours in the main room x

• Chantele
      June 12, 2014 / 10:18 pm

I think they make a great combination, I think we plan to have the darker shade of turquoise though

7. June 16, 2014 / 2:33 pm

I love planning rooms! When we were looking for a house thats all I ever did with every property we viewed! I love the shade and I am a huge fan of grey chevron print at the moment 🙂

Laura x

• Chantele
      June 16, 2014 / 3:04 pm

Hoping to get Ikat style chevron pillows for the bed I think!