Jon and I joined Slimming World on New Years Eve 2013 as we had both decided enough was enough in regards to our weight. It had inched on over the years in Uni and since our wedding back in 2010, and we thought 2014 was the year to finally get ourselves back to weights we were comfortable with. Jon has nearly reached his goal weight now and I am a little over half way there. Since we have started the diet plan we have been cooking a lot more fresh meals (when I say we I technically mean my mother at the moment) and this Slimming World Chilli Recipe is one of our favourites.This recipe is incredibly simple to make, even if you aren’t much of a cook. It uses basic ingredients that are cheap to buy, making it great if you are on a budget. And it is really tasty and filling, which is what you really want out of dieting food, it’ll stop you getting hungry later and snacking on synful food. Even if you aren’t on Slimming World this is a great healthy Chilli Recipe. I have adapted it from the original Slimming World Chilli recipe so it suits our tastes better as I can’t eat spicy food, this is a milder chilli.
- Serves 4
- Ready in about 35 min
- Free on Extra Easy
- 500g Extra-lean Mince Beef
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1-2tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1tbsp Ground Cumin
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Large Leek, finely chopped
- 400g Tin of Heinz 5 beans (or Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce for a spicier taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (although we don’t use either in our cooking)
- Rice for 4 people (read weight recommendation on the packet)
- Fry light
- Coat a large frying pan with fry light and heat on medium-high. Add your onions and garlic and fry until just starting to brown
- Add your spices, leek and beef mince, and fry for 5-6 minutes, mixing well to combine and stop the meat sticking to your pan.
- While your meat is browning, bring a saucepan of water to boil, add your rice and cook according to the packet instructions.
- To your meat mixture add your tinned tomatoes and carrots, plus any salt and pepper you require. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the meat is cooked and the vegetables are tender add in your beans and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Split into 4 portions and serve over rice.
This Slimming World Chilli Recipe is one you will return to again and again, but if you want any more dieting recipe ideas you will find many more on the Slimming World Website, plus if you are thinking of joining a dieting group you will find all the local group info on the site as well. I really would recommend it if you are serious about losing weight, but find dieting on your own hard to stick to.
If you happen to have a great slimming world recipe please leave a link in the comments as I am always looking for more inspiration.