So I saved the best for last in my Slimming World Recipe Week, some sweet treats to curb those cravings. This one has actually come from an instagrammer called Lauren – Lauren_sw_journey. She is a huge inspiration having lost 81lbs so far, she is well on her way to reaching her target weight and her instagram is always chock full of tasty looking dishes and healthy meal ideas, plus plenty of inspiration and motivation. Her Slimming World Chocolate Brownies caught my eye a few weeks ago so I asked if she would mind sharing the recipe with you guys, she said she was happy to so here it is, a perfect weekend bake and at just 0.5 syns each your not going to blow your allowance.
- 6 eggs - separated
- 60g cocoa powder
- A few drops of vanilla
- 70g of sweetener (can be adjusted to your taste)
- 4 tbsp of quark
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- Firstly, squirt a baking tray with fry light then line with baking paper. I used a fairly long tray but use whatever you have!
- Warm the oven to 180
- Separate the yolk and the whites of the eggs - keep both - and whisk the whites in to a soft peak.
- Next mix together the yolks, vanilla, cocoa powder and sweetener in another bowl, at this point it can get a little dry so add a little of the egg whites to loosen it up.
- After this fold in the rest of the egg whites, pour in to a tray and pop in the oven.
- I cooked mine for 15 minutes but depending on your tray you may need a few more minutes.
- When nice and cool you can prepare your frosting.
- Mix together the quark, sweetener and cocoa powder - it's super yummy!
- Cut the brownies in to 25 add the frosting
So thats the end of my Slimming World Recipe Week. Here is a quick recap of the other recipes incase you have missed them:
- Slimming World Tofu Pad Thai Recipe
- Slimming World Pizza Topped Chicken Recipe
- Slimming World Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Slimming World Mushy Pea Curry Recipe
I hope you have enjoyed this week of posts, if you have another awesome Slimming World Recipe you would like to share please feel free to add it in the comments and maybe I will do a wrap up post of suggestion or another SW week soon.
I hope this week has helped give you all plenty of inspiration and motivation to get back on track or keep going with your weight loss journey and you have picked up a few recipes you will enjoy making and eating in the future.
I would like to say a big thank you to all the lovely ladies who have participated in this weeks posts, Amy from Another Innocent Girl, Stacey from Nobody Said It Was Easy, Laura from Mum of 5 Staying Sane, Nickie from I Am Typecase and of course Lauren from todays post.