This healthy Slimming World Minestrone Soup recipe comes from Nickie of I am Typecast she has been a Slimming World member since May 2014 and has so far lost 2 stone. She loves this simple and cheap Minestrone Soup recipe which she tweaked from an original SW recipe to make it more tasty and more filling, and loves nothing more than a big bowl of Minestrone Soup and a side salad for lunch. Plus it works out at around just 60p per portion so is great if your on a budget.
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 large carrots
- 3 sticks of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed) or 2 teaspoons of garlic granules
- 2 vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.5 pints of boiling water
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 3 handfuls of pasta (conchiglie or fusilli works best)
- 2 tins of cannellini beans (drained)
- 10 slices of chopped cooked ham (leave this out if you want a totally vegetarian version)
- Slice the onions, dice the carrots and chop the celery. Place them in a large pan with the garlic, vegetable stock and chopped tomatoes
- Bring to the boil and then simmer with a lid on the pan for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the drained cannellini beans, pasta and ham
- Bring back to the boil and then simmer again for about 10 minutes, again with a lid on the pan, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender
- Serve and enjoy
- If you are following the Slimming World Extra Easy plan then this falls completely in the Super Free and Free food section. Onions, carrots and celery are super-free foods. Chopped tomatoes (tinned), cannellini beans (tinned and drained), ham and pasta are all free foods.
Nickie also runs a motivational weigh loss and exercise pod cast called Fit Bitches which you can find on iTunes if your looking for a little extra help, and its free to download.
Have you tried this Slimming World Minestrone Soup Recipe yourself yet? Or a similar one? What do you think of it, any changes you make to your own to make it extra tasty?
Have you got a great Slimming World Recipe you would like to share? Just leave me a link in the comments and Ill put them all together in a round up post in a few weeks.