So here is instalment 3 in this weeks Slimming World Recipe week, so far we have had a Tofu Pad Thai Recipe and a Pizza Topped Chicken Recipe, now for a Slimming World Mushy Pea Curry Recipe. This recipe comes from Laura of Mum of Five Staying Sane Blog, she admits she had never had mushy peas before as it was one of those foods she just assumed she wouldn’t like, but she has now changed her mind. This recipe is so easy, super filling and really tasty, plus you can make a chicken curry version by adding some diced chicken at the start when frying off the onions, or turn it not a chip shop curry sauce by putting it through a blender afterwards.
- 2 small white onions
- 3 garlic cloves (optional)
- Sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cans of mushy peas
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of baked beans
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of chili powder depending on how hot you like it!
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- Spray a saucepan with frylight and add the 2 onions (diced), garlic cloves (crushed) and sliced mushrooms
- Fry them for around 10 minutes until they have browned and started cooking
- Add in the curry powder and chili powder followed by all of the tinned ingredients
- Mix it all together well and let it simmer for around 30 minutes
- By the end of the cooking time it should be a lovely orangey colour, serve over rice and enjoy
- If you fancy something extra filling, or a meatier version of this recipe why not try adding some diced chicken, just fry it through when you cook the onions.
Do you have a tasty Slimming World Recipe you’d like to share, please add a link to the comments below and I’ll share them all on a post in the future.
Have you tried this Slimming World Mushy Pea Curry Recipe yet? What are your opinions is it any good.