Hello all and welcome to Slimming World Week on Two Hearts One Roof. We joined Slimming World on New Years eve last year and for 9 months it all went to plan and we both dropped 2 stone, then life got busy, we moved house, the business picked up and we could no longer get to group regularly, so it kind of tapered off, and sadly we have both put some of the weight back on. Luckily we still managed to pick up and keep up with some of the healthy eating habits we learnt whilst we were there, like using fry light to cook with! But we have found it really hard to get motivated again and get back on track. So I decided to ask the other Slimming World bloggers out there what their fav recipes were in the hope it might inspire us and more of you to get back on track with your healthy eating. Every day this week I will be sharing a Slimming World Friendly Recipes from different SW members. Day one brings you a Slimming World Tofu Pad Thai Recipe from the lovely Amy of Another Innocent Girl.
Hello, I’m Amy and I blog over at Another Innocent Girl. I joined Slimming work just under five months ago and have so far lost 1 stone 9.lbs. What I love about Slimming World is how it encourages you to cook from fresh but also experiment with turning the food you love a bit more healthy. I’m a massive fan of their food and as soon as I saw this recipe, which is only 1 syn per serving, I knew I had to make it and more importantly eat it! Oh and this recipe serves four so you could freeze one or even take it to work the next day for yummy leftovers.
Don’t let the tofu put you off, it’s a really interesting ingredient that take on the flavour of what you combine it with and really goes well in Asian recipes. It’s also a cheap ingredient and replaces the meat in a dish really well.
- 225g dried flat rice noodles
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- a pinch sweetener
- low calorie cooking spray
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 5mm deep strips or chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 banana shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot cut into thin batons
- a handful of fresh coriander, leaves and stalks roughly chopped
- lime wedges, to serve
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and pour over warm water to cover. Leave to soak for 20 minutes, or until soft, then drain.
- Meanwhile, mix the tamarind paste with 2 tbsp hot water and add the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and sweetener.
- Spray a wok with low-calorie spray and place over a high heat.
- Pat the tofu dry using kitchen paper. Fry in batches for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly golden and beginning to crisp.
- Remove the pan from the heat and wipe it out with kitchen paper. Spray it with more low calorie cooking spray, add the garlic and shallots and stir fry for 30 seconds. add the chillies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- Add the noodled to the pan. stir fry for 2 minutes, then push the mixture to one side.
- Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring and scrambling, for 2 minutes or until set. Mix into the stir fry.
- Add the tamarind mixture and stir well. toss in the spring onions, carrots and tofu and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide into 4 portions and sprinkle with coriander and lime wedges!
Thank you so much Amy, I’m not a tofu eater usually but that looks so yummy I may have to try it myself! Please check out Amy’s blog Another Innocent Girl for lots more Slimming World friendly recipes and other fun lifestyle posts. So what do you guys think of this Slimming World Tofu Pad Thai recipe? Have you tried it before or has this made you want to try it yourself? Let me know? Plus let me know what your favourite SW recipe is.