Oh I do like a good muffin! Actually they are my work day treats from the cafe next door if I have been having a particularly busy day, and White Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins are my favourite. Thats why I decided to try baking them myself for the birthday party/charity event we went to last weekend.
Now I’m not much of a baker usually, I’m more of a general cook, but I am pretty pleased how easy these were to make and how well they came out in the end. They were based on a basic muffin recipe I took from an old cookbook and I just added the white chocolate and raspberries. The muffins were lovely and moist, just the right side of sweet and very very tasty. So if your looking for a perfect muffin recipe here is my White Chocolate and Raspberry Muffin Recipe.
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g Margarine
- 300g Self-raising white flour
- 3 Medium Egg
- 5tbsp Milk
- ½tsp Baking powder
- 100g White chocolate chips
- 150g Raspberries
- Preheat Oven to 200 (180 for fan assisted or Gas Mark 6). Prep your muffin tin by popping in 12 muffin cases
- In a large bowl beat together the margarine and sugar until well combined and creamed – it should turn white
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time then add the milk. Mix until well combined and smooth
- In a separate bowl sieve together the flour and baking powder
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently fold together until just combined (you don’t want to over work the mixture)
- Add the chocolate chips and nearly all the raspberries (keep back 12, 1 to top each muffin) and mix them in well
- Separate the mixture between the 12 cases (mine were very full, so you could chose to fill them a little less and do 1 or 2 extra if you want) and add a raspberry to the top of each.
- Pop in the centre of your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out almost clean.
- Once cooked place on a cooling rack
- Then eat and Enjoy!
So there you have it, my super simple and super tasty White Chocolate and Raspberry Muffin Recipe. Please try them and let me know what your think! Or if you have another great muffin recipe please feel free to link it up in the comments