Me and Jon are trying (and not always succeeding!) to eat a little more healthily. After being on Slimming World for 9 months we managed to lose 2 stone each, but then we moved into the new house, got really busy and spent most of our spare time either doing house stuff or working on Cross-Jones Photography (or this blog!) so the weight started to creep back on as we were eating convenience food or anything easy to cook. But we really don’t want to undo all the hard work we’ve done so now that the summer is coming (and we have a major wedding in August!) we are trying to get ourselves back into the habit of eating well.
This is what I made us for dinner one day last week (adapted from a Tesco Magazine recipe) its not quite Slimming World friendly as it contains cream, but it was light and fresh which was great as it was a really warm day and I didn’t want anything heavy. It is super tasty, but so simple to make and pretty cheap too. You can make it with any type of pasta we just happened to have this one in the house (although Jon thinks it looks like squid tentacles!)
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Chopped
- 1 Large Leek, Sliced
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 100ml Single Cream
- 50g Grated Parmesan, (plus a little extra to garnish)
- 150g Dried Pasta, (we used tripoline)
- Heat a little oil in a pan and start frying the chicken pieces. Whilst that is cooking start cooking the pasta in a large pot of boiling water
- Once the pasta has been boiling for 5 minutes add the leeks. Then in a further 5 minutes add the peas
- Make sure you keep an eye on your chicken so it doesn’t burn, once it is cooked remove it from the heat
- Once the pasta is fully cooked, drain the water and return the pasta, leek and peas to the pot. Add in the chicken pieces, the cream and the parmesan and mix well
- Split the pasta between 2 big bowls, top with a little extra grated cheese and enjoy!