Last week I received a Musclefoods 100 Piece Ultimate Slimming Lean Meat Hamper and it has literally filed up 2 drawers of my freezer! There is so much meat it will keep me an Jon going for quite a while. I shan’t name everything that came in the box as there was lots (if you’d like to see what the 100 piece bit contains you can check out the link above) but it did contain a ridiculous amount of huge chicken breast portions, 2 packs of chicken meatballs, chicken and sweet chilli burgers (which Jon has already cooked and really enjoyed!), 1 massive packs of mince, a number of steaks and lots more.
Once I saw the chicken meatballs I knew they were one of the first things I wanted to test out as we love meatballs, but have never had lean chicken ones before, and I knew I wanted to do something different with them instead of the usual tomato sauce. So I thought we would try a healthy sweet and sour sauce for them. This recipe is based on a Slimming World Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe with a few tweaks.
- 1 Pack of Musclefood Lean Chicken Meatballs or 12 Chicken meatballs
- 400g Tin of Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- 2 Garlic Cloves or 1tsp Lazy Garlic
- 4tbsp Reduced Salt Dark Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 4tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1tbsp Cornflour
- 300g fresh egg noodles
- 1 Sliced Red Pepper
- Low Fat Cooking Spray
- Using low fat cooking spray fry the meatballs and peppers over a medium heat until cooked through (around 10 – 15 minutes)
- Mix together the stock, white wine vinegar, soy, garlic, tomato puree and some of the pineapple juice from the tin (how much depends on how sweet you want your sauce, we used around 1/2 the juice from the tin)
- Mix the corn flour with 2tbsp of water then add to the sauce to help thicken when cooking
- Pour the sauce into the pan with your meatballs and peppers and reduce to a simmer
- Cook your noodles according to instructions
- After dish has simmered for about 5 mins add your noddles and pineapple chunks and mix well
- Heat for 2-3 minutes more then serve and enjoy
So if you fancy trying out a Musclefood hamper for yourself I have a great discount code exclusively for my readers. If you order the 100 Piece Ultimate Slimming Lean Hamper you can get £10 off using code ‘2HEARTS1ROOF’.
If you love the look of this recipe don’t forget to pin it and share it!!