Sometimes I get stuck for baby led weaning breakfast ideas for the little guy as I feel I end up repeating the same stuff over and over again, mainly peanut butter on toast and fruit, which although he loves I think might be getting a bit boring. So I have started looking for other fun baby led weaning breakfast recipes that I think he will like to serve alongside his fruit. I found a banana muffin recipe that was super simple so I decided to adapt it to make a banana, honey and chocolate chip muffin recipe that was suitable for baby led weaning.
These turned out lovely and as I made 12 it means me and Jon have been enjoying a few whilst we work in the evenings too! They have been a big hit with all the family. They aren’t super healthy but they are still pretty good as most of the sweetness comes from the banana rather than a heap of sugar! But I thought Elian (and Jon) would really like the little chocolate chips too! Elian hadn’t had chocolate chips before (or banana muffins for that matter) and he absolutely loved them. The muffins are really soft and moist so are easy for Elian to eat.
Please note they say children under 12 months shouldn’t have honey, so if your little one is under that and you have any worries just omit the honey from the recipe.
So if your looking for baby led weaning breakfast ideas why not try my banana muffin recipe!
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 25g Dark Brown Sugar
- 50g Butter (melted)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 4tbsp Clear Honey
- 5tbsp Milk
- 50g Milk Chocolate Chips (plus a few to top each muffin)
- Pre heat your oven to 180C (350F, Gas Mark 4) and place 12 muffin cases in your muffin tin
- Mash the banana and add the flour, sugar and butter, mix it together.
- In a jug or bowl beat together the honey, eggs and milk then add to the main mixture and mix well until completely combined
- Add the chocolate chips and mix into the mixture
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and top with 3/4 chocolate chips
- Pop then in the oven for 15-20 mins until lightly golden
- Remove from the oven, allow them to sit in the tin for a few minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely (if you can manage to wait! They are relish when still warm!)
- And Enjoy!!
If you love this banana muffin recipe don’t forget to pin it for later
What is your little ones favourite breakfast? I am always looking for something new and tasty for Elian to eat!