When I received my Muscle Food hamper I was intrigued to find 2 packs of Chicken Meatballs. We have never eaten chicken meatballs before but I loved the idea of them as we actually aren’t big beef or pork eaters. I made Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken Meatballs with the first packet of them (also slimming world friendly as its low syn!) and they were really delicious, very tender and moist. I would go as far to say I actually rather chicken meatballs to pork or beef ones! But I wanted to make something a bit different with the second pack of meatballs so decided to try a slimming world moroccan tagine.
This is the recipe and it came out awesomely!! On slimming world the Muscle Food chicken meatballs are 1/2 syn each so 3 or 4 meatballs makes the dish 1.5/2 syns. What is also great is that this recipe is also baby led weaning friendly. I cut the meatball into quarters and mixed the couscous into the veg so it got sticky and Elian really enjoyed it as you can see for the pictures below!
- 1×12 pack of Muscle Food Chicken Meatballs
- 1 Onion(diced)
- 2tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (diced)
- Tin of Mixed Beans in Water (drained)
- 1/2 Courgette (diced)
- 500g Passata
- 450ml Veg or Chicken Stock (300ml for dish, 150ml for couscous)
- 150g Couscous
- Fry Light
- Spray some Fry Light in a pan and brown the meatballs. Once browned remove and set aside
- Spray some more Fry Light in the pan and add the onions, curry powder and garlic. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring well
- Add the peppers and courgettes and fry for another 2-3 minutes, stirring well
- Add the passata, beans and 300ml stock, bring to a simmer, scrapping the bottom of the pan to get all the meat flavour and spices mixed in
- Add the meatballs back in and simmer for 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally. The liquid should reduce down to a thicker sauce
- Whilst the sauce is reducing make up your couscous by adding the remaining 150ml stock to the dried couscous, cover and let it sit until the water is absorbed. Fork it through to fluff it up
- Top the couscous with 3 meatballs and a pile of veggies and enjoy!
- If you have some spare syns try adding a chopped up dried fig! Just the right amount of sweetness
- Or topped with some flaked almonds!
Plus if you fancy trying out the Musclefoods 100 Piece Lean Meat Hamper you can get £10 off with code 2HEARTS1ROOF
If you like it don’t forget to pin it so you can find it later!