If your on Slimming World or are just looking to eat a little healthier you will no doubt constantly be on the look out for healthy, easy and tasty recipes to cook. BBQ pulled pork is one of our favourite meals to have when we are not dieting, but its also great when we are dieting too as the Slimming World BBQ Pulled Pork recipe is great, plus its super simple as it all goes in the slow cooker. The meat ends up so tender it was literally falling apart.
I decided to do a huge pork joint so we would have enough meat to last us a few days, which it did. We had two lots of the meat with sweet potato chips and veggies, then mixed the last of the meat with cooked pasta, peppers and passata, topped with some mozzarella and popped it under the grill for a tasty pasta bake.
So for this whole week I have decided to share tasty Slimming World recipes we have been trying out. You’ll find all our other Slimming World recipes here. Plus don’t forget to go check out our YouTube Channel for my Weight-Loss Wednesday vlogs to see how my weight loss is going and what slimming world stuff we have been up to that week.
- 1.5-2kg pork shoulder, all fat removed
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 500g passata
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- The official Slimming World recipe says to simmer the sauce in a pan first but in all honesty we have never seen the need to do this. Simply mix all the sauce ingredients in a large jug so they are well combined
- Take all visible fat off the pork and place in the slow cooker
- Pour the sauce over of the meat and cook on low for 8-10 hours. (I turn the meat half way through cooking and make sure to give the sauce a good stir)
- Once cooked, remove the meat and shred it all using two forks (it should easily shred) Return to the pan for an extra 20-30 minutes
- Serve with Slimming World chips and salad or in a wholemeal roll if your using your HEB
So what’s your favourite Slimming World Pork Recipe as we are always on the hunt for new recipes to try!
If you love it, don’t forget to PIN IT!!