One of the things we’ve found hardest whilst on Slimming World so far is the major lack of bread, dough and pastry! Before Slimming World we were big toasty sandwich, Papa Johns pizza, Greggs pasty people, yes that may have been half our problem, but we just really like bread and pastry and how easy it was to make all sorts of meals. So when I saw a Slimming World Cauliflower Pizza recipe for syn free pizza I thought it was at least worth a go, right?
I was a little sceptical of the claims that the base of cauliflower would taste anything like a traditional bread dough base, and in all honesty it doesn’t. Once cooked the cauliflower does take on a slightly chewy dough consistency but it still tastes like cauliflower. That being said, if you like cauliflower, which I do, I would still totally recommend giving it a go as I really enjoyed it.
You can top your pizza with anything you like so feel free to experiment. As you can see me and Jon split the base ‘dough’ and made 2 separate pizza’s so I could have the extra veggies I wanted and he added baked beans to his!! Yes baked beans! And he really enjoyed it too.
You will need to use your Healthy Extra A for the cheese on top (or you’ll need to syn it) and your getting in tonnes of Speed Food too. We paired it with a big leafy salad, but you could have it with Slimming World chips or wedges too.
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pack roast chicken, diced
- 4 slice lean ham, diced
- 1/2 small tin of sweetcorn, drained if needed
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 90g grated mozzarella (HEA)
- Grease proof paper and a baking tray (we used 2 brownie tins)
- Preheat the oven to Gas 5 180°C/160 fan.
- Use a food processor to blend the cauliflower until it’s very fine
- Place in a microwavable bowl, cover with clingfilm and heat in a microwave for 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl beat the 2 eggs, add the oregano and any salt and pepper if you wish
- Mix the egg mixture into the cauliflower
- Line your baking tray with grease proof paper and spay with low-calorie cooking spray
- Tip the cauliflower mixture onto the grease proof paper and spread out to form your base, using your fingers is easiest. You want it around 1cm thick
- Place in the centre of your oven for 15 minutes
- Move to the top shelf for another 15 minutes to fully harden the base
- Remove tray from the oven and using a palette knife ease the base from the paper. Next is the tricky bit as your going to flip the base over. We found it easiest to place another tray with greaseproof paper on over the top and tip the whole thing over.
- Once you have it flipped return to the over for another 10-15 mins until t is golden brown
- Now the fun bit! spread with tomato puree, add your toppings and sprinkle with cheese
- Pop it back in for a last 10-15 mins until the cheese is melted and your done
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy with a nice big side salad
- You can top with anything you fancy, just remember to check the syns.
- Try making mini individual pizza’s too, that way the whole family can have fun topping their own to enjoy
Don’t forget to check out my Weight-loss Wednesday videos on YouTube to see how my weight loss is going and see what we have been up to slimming world wise for that week
Have you tried the Cauliflower Pizza before? What did you think of it? Or are you planning to try it now?
Let me know your favourite SW recipe as I am always looking for new recipes to test out
If you love it, don’t forget to PIN IT!