Ok I’m not going to lie to you guys but I have been far from on plan over the last few weeks. If I’m being honest I’d say I have barely been on plan 40% of the time, which is rubbish and it is showing in my total lack of weightloss. But…I know if I can just get myself past this total lack of motivation and push myself to get back on plan properly then I know slimming world diet works for me and I can lose the weight I want.
So with that in mind I have been trying to ease me and Jon back into eating Slimming World friendly meals by having them at least 4-5 evenings a week. And I am enjoying experimenting and cooking in the kitchen again, I just know if I want to get back on plan and stay there then I need to find, easy and quick to cook meals that Jon, me and the baby can all eat and enjoy.
I find that when I am on plan I very quickly get bored of passata sauce with everything (you know I’m right, everything seems to be made with it as its free!) and I really don’t fancy a tomato based sauce every night of the week That’s why I have been trying out some creamy sauce recipes instead, because to be honest I would always have chosen a cream or cheese sauce on my pasta over a tomato based one before I was on SW anyway. This Slimming World creamy pasta sauce recipe is one of my favourites at the moment and is totally syn free (plus you can add a sprinkling of grated cheese to it if you have your Healthy Extra A left!)
- 300g dried pasta
- 4 chicken breasts (remove any visible fat and dice into chunks)
- 1 whole red pepper (de-seeded and diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 120ml quark
- 70ml fat free yogurt
- 120g grated parmesan or 120g grated cheddar (optional if your using your HEX A or going to syn it)
- 1tsp Garlic Salt
- 1tsp Dried Parsley
- (additional salt and pepper to taste)
- Place your pasta on to boil and spray a frying pan with frylight add the chicken and pepper to the pan and cook until the chicken cooked through (usually around 10 minutes)
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit for a few minutes to allow it to cool and to release any final red pepper juices (there is a reason I promise)
- Add the peas to your pasta pot so they can cook for the last 2 minutes or so
- In a bowl mix together your quark, yogurt, garlic salt, parsley and cheese if using any
- Add the chicken and peppers and all the juice that has come off them, mixing well into your creamy sauce mix
- Drain your pasta and peas and either allow them to cool slightly or fun them under a bit of cold water
- Add your pasta to your creamy chicken mix, pile on a speedy side salad and enjoy
- I like this dish cooled but you can just as easily have it hot if you would rather. I just find quark lends itself better to cold pasta dishes.
If you love the look of this recipe don’t forget to PIN IT!!
Plus if your looking for more Slimming World recipes you can see all of mine here or check out my awesome 50 Slimming World Recipes post for tones of inspiration to keep you on plan.