So it’s 2015 and time for a mandatory reflection on the past year post! (Ok, so it’s a little bit late, this would have been up last week, but I’m sick again! Chest Infections just won’t leave me alone at the moment! But hopefully I am on the mend). So on with the posts, here’s what happened this year – and there have been a few big things for us. Continue reading
- 5 of my Favourite Animal Instagram Accounts 556 views
- Top 10 Netflix Drama Series for Winter Evenings 264 views
- 7 Days, 7 Things – 22nd June 88 views
- June Favourites 64 views
- 7 Days, 7 Things – 29th June 64 views
- 7 days, 7 things – 20th July 55 views
- Our look back on 2014 and plans for 2015 52 views
- 7 Days, 7 Things – 6th July 45 views
- 7 days, 7 things – 13th July 34 views
January is still winter time in my books, it gets dark early, it’s blinking cold…and wet…and windy (or at least it is here in Wales) and generally just pretty miserable all round, everyone is pretty sluggish and has yet to get out of the Christmas time time-off rhythm and really get into their ‘new year, new me’ moods. So this time of year is great for long evenings spent curled up on the sofa binge watching TV series, and the best way to do that is probably Netflix (although most of them are also on Amazon Prime)! So here are mine and Jon’s top 10 netflix drama series picks for what to watch on Netflix this winter. Continue reading
7 days 7 things is a great way for us to quickly share a few positive things from our week. The truth of the matter is that sometimes there just aren’t that many things to share. This week has been yet another busy week for us both with our days jobs, but one day this week made it all worth it. We photographed a little newborn baby girl Poppy. Of course we love photographing newborns, but its the reaction we get from sharing those first few previews that makes it for us. Poppy’s mum and dad were so happy and showered us in compliments, its an amazing feeling when others share our passion for photography and it more than makes up for those boring days in-between.
So thats it, short and sweet this Sunday, 7 days, one awesome thing thats lasts the week 😀
I’m not going to give this June favourites post a big intro, we all know what favourite posts are about so below you will find what I have been loving this last month, it isn’t on a specific category, its just 5 things that have made my month better! Continue reading
1. We have been house/dog sitting for my Dad and Step Mother so we packed our bags for 5 days and moved ourselves in. It was nice to have some space to work on the huge kitchen table and chill with the dogs. The bunnies also came with us and LOVED running about the kitchen all day.
2. We scouted out a Wedding venue ahead of an August wedding that we are photographing. The building is Mansion House in Cardiff and is truly stunning, with a huge main hall and staircase with reception rooms off to the sides decorated with a regal feel. It’s going to make for pretty pictures!
3. Having lost 2stone/28lb my shirts are starting to hang off me, so for a very rare occurrence, we went shopping for new shirts and Chantele picked up a few of her own bargains too. Out with the old baggy and worn shirts, in with some new comfy fitted ones.
4. We caught up with the Marissen family for baby Emily’s 6 month shoot. Time has seriously flown since we saw them last when she was a newborn! She’s adorable and so cheerful and full of giggles.
5. The contracts for our house all came through 😀 This has been a long time coming so there can’t be long left now!
6. I’m a bit of Del boy and grabbed a camera bargain from a local Facebook seller. I found a Nikon D300 camera with Nikon 50mm 1.4 and a sigma 10-20 for £240. I can sell the wide angle and my older D200 for £300 and be up a lens as well as a newer better camera. Bargain!
7. This lats one is a bit boring and important one for us but I’ve been putting it off for a while. I Sat down for the best part of the day and organised all of my hard drives and some of the files on the macbook. We purchased two extra external hard drives to allow us to backup our data. One stores all of our photography work, one backs up our machines using Time Machine on Mac, one for our movie collection which we are currently converting to mp4 and the last one backs all 3 hard drives up to be kept off site. If anything happens to our macs, we have a fire (god forbid) or a break in, we have our data safe and secure.