I had never heard of this recipe before, even having been on Slimming World for 8 months 3 years ago, but once I mentioned that I was looking for a gammon recipe on a Facebook group last week, I had numerous people tell me to try Slimming World Campfire Stew, and I am so glad they did! This recipe is really delicious and got a huge thumbs up from Jon and Elian loved it too! Best of all, it’s syn free! Score!!
This is a proper hearty dish, really filling and homely. I think it would be perfect for a cold winter night and for that night you feel like falling off the plan and just want a big bowl of yumminess. This is packed full of flavour and juicy, tender meat which just falls apart after cooking. Plus there is a fair bit of speed food in there too so it should really help that weight loss. Either pair the Campfire Stew with smashed potatoes, roasted veggies or rice, or just have a massive bowl of it on its own and enjoy!
This dish is perfect for batch cooking too as it will freeze well before or after cooking, making meal prepping and planning super easy!
- 1 Gammon Joint (all fat removed)
- 2 Onions (diced)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (crushed) (or 1tsp Lazy Garlic)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tin 5 Bean Baked Beans
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tin Borlotti Beans
- 1 stick Celery (diced)
- 2 large Carrots (diced)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 pinch Chilli Flakes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Soak the gammon over night in cold water to remove excess salt
- Add all the ingredients bar the gammon to the slow cooker and stir well to combine
- Add the Gammon and set on low for 6-8 hours (it can be left longer if needed)
- Once ready to serve, shred the gammon using 2 forks and mix into the stew
- Serve on its own, over rice or with smashed potatoes like us
Don’t forget I’ve been posting new recipes all week this week and will continue to do so until Sunday! Thats 7 awesome Slimming World recipes to get you started on plan or keep you going! You’ll find all my SW Recipes here Plus you’ll find my first few Weightloss Wednesday vlogs up on our YouTube channel, so go check it out if you’d like to see how my weightloss journey is going and what I’ve been up to slimming world wise this last week.
Let me know your favourite Slimming World recipe as I am always on the hunt for new recipes to try out!
If you love it, don’t forget to PIN IT!!