Halloween is almost here!! In all honesty it has never been one of my favourite holidays as my parents never really liked celebrating it so I have never been trick or treating, but sometimes went to the village halloween party. But now we have little dude I am looking forward to celebrating it with him.
Last year he was just 4 months old so I dressed him as Jax from Sons of Anarchy for the playgroup halloween party we went to. I managed to find a Redwood Originals printed baby vest with little tattoo sleeves with the reaper on. He looked so stinking cute! Most mums didn’t know who he was but the few that got it thought it was amazing!
But if your thinking of dressing your whole family in a co-ordinating outfit this year here are a few ideas to get you started!
- The Addams Family – This is a great fun costume idea for families, that isn’t too hard to create. Gomes needs a striped suit and a moustache, Morticia needs a full length black dress, dark hair and red lipstick, Wednesday needs a peter pan collar dark dress and pigtails and Pugsley just needs a stripped shirt and your good to go
- The Munsters – Another great family based costume idea which has an iconic look. A little more difficult to create as there is a bit of face painting involved but it would look awesome when all family members are co-ordinating. Herman Munster is a good old traditional Frankenstein costume. This Lily Munster make-up tutorial is amazing if your looking for help re-creating her look and you would need some sort of flowing almost grecian dress. Marilyn Munster is easy with a 50’s/60’s dress and blond hair and Eddie Muster needs black shorts and top with white collar and the iconic black V hair line.
- The Incredibles – I love this as a costume idea because it is super simple but looks great as a whole group together. Everyone needs red leggings/tights, black shorts, black boots and then you can purchase the Incredibles logo tops for each family member, add a simple black eye mask and your good to go.
- 101 Dalmations – I think this idea is so cute as it doesn’t matter how many kids you have or their genders. Mum simply dresses up as Cruella (black and white wig, black dress, fake fur coat) then everyone else (dad or partner included!) gets to dress as a dalmation, this is super simple to DIY with black spots on any white top and trousers, make a tail and some spotty ears (maybe face paint too) and your all set
- ToyStory – Think Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Little Bo Peep, Barbie, Ken or any of the other characters. As long as you have Woody and Buzz it will be obviously who you are. You can DIY these costumes or simply purchase the kids ones as they are readily available.
If your looking for lots of other halloween ideas for food, decorations and other costumes check out my Ultimate Halloween Guide!
I’m linking up again today with Hex Mum Blogs Blogtober17 challenge so go check out all the other bloggers taking part in that, and see my previous posts below.