This Diet Coke Chicken recipe is one of the best Slimming World recipes we have tried so far, and I promise you will love it, even if you don’t like coke! The chicken is just the right side of sweet and savoury, and with plenty of Super Free veggies, and even better it is totally syn free on Extra Easy! So if your looking for a super simple recipe, that is healthy and tastes great, check out this Diet Coke Chicken Recipe from Slimming World.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, or 2 tsp lazy garlic
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 8 tbsp passata
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 330ml can diet cola
- 200ml chicken stock
- 200g sugar snap peas
- Spray a large pan with low cal spray and place over a high heat
- Add the chicken pieces, onion and peppers and stir fry until the chicken is lightly browned
- In a separate jug mix together the diet cola, stock, passata, tomato purée, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and dried mixed herbs, mix well then add to the pan
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium, simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the sugar snap peas, stir well and increase heat to high, and allow to boil gentle for 10-15 minutes – the sauce should thicken a little.
- Serve with a side of wedges, chips or rice
- To bulk the dish out even more why not add even more veggies to the dish, I think green beans, baby sweetcorn, mushrooms or courgette would work really well.
Do you have a favourite Slimming World Recipe? Have you tried the Diet Coke Chicken Recipe yet? Or the alternative Diet Fanta Chicken which we may have to try next as it is meant to be a tangy version.
Check out our other favourite Slimming World friendly recipes at the bottom of this post.
p.s. Don’t forget to enter our August Giveaway