With all this warm weather it puts me (and half the country) into BBQ mode. Luckily there are lots of Slimming World friendly things you can have at a BBQ without blowing your entire weekly syn allowance. What about the Ultimate Slimming World Burger, the Two Chubby Cubs Chicken Gyros, some tasty Slimming World BBQ Pulled Chicken Burgers, Slimming Eats Mexican Chicken Skewers or the Slimming World Oriental Pork Kebabs, yum!!
The problem is the bits I miss out on are the tasty salad’y bits, the coleslaw, pasta salad, potato salad and sauces. So I have been experimenting with some recipes to come up with the best and tastiest recipes I can and I’m finally happy with this creamy and yummy potato salad, packed with a few extra veggies to make it just a little bit speedy too! The portion you can have for just 1.5syns is huge too! I hope you like it! We had it this weekend with some of the M&S Skinny Burgers and it was delicious!
Don’t forget to check out my Weight-loss Wednesday videos on YouTube to see how my weight loss is going and see what we have been up to slimming world wise for that week
- 500g waxy new potatoes (diced into bite size pieces)
- 1½ tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 6 level tbsp lighter than light mayo
- 50g fat free greek yogurt
- 200g fat free natural cottage cheese
- 1 level tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 celery stalks (finely sliced)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 60g pickled gherkins (finely diced)
- 3 eggs (roughly diced)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (finely diced)
- 1/2 red pepper (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley (diced)
- Boil the potatoes and eggs until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart.
- Remove eggs and drain the potatoes, place them in a bowl and add the vinegar, giving them a stir to coat then leave aside to cool a little
- Peel and dice the eggs and set aside
- In a separate bowl mix the Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, mustard and parsley together until combined.
- Add all the ingredients to one bowl and mix to evenly coat
- Pop it in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to chill nicely then serve and enjoy!
So hit me up with your favourite recipes for BBQ stuff, salads and sauces as I’m always looking for new recipes to test out.
If you love it, don’t forget to PIN IT!!